Thursday, August 8, 2019

Epilogue

My only remaining mementos of Father's Little League tournament successes...

As you can see, when my mother framed these pins, she clearly left room for a fourth ribbon, but there would be no more after 1959. I don't think I ever really knew why Dad stopped coaching Little League. Or maybe I did and I simply forgot why. I'm just speculating now, but as much as he loved his boys, I have to believe something bad must have happened to sour the experience for him. My best guess is that he had a falling out with League management. I know it couldn't have had anything to do with Moe Fox. He and Dad remained fast friends, and would coach together again in Colt League 3 years later. If I live long enough, I'll be posting about that in 2022!

For now, though, that's a wrap for 1959 and Dad's stint with the West Covina American Little League.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment